I was thrilled to learn that Expat Lingo nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award – again, thank you so much! Since then I have been pondering what it really means, and truth be told, I have no clue. BUT it feels darn good to be nominated anyway!
So now it is my turn to share 7 things about myself that you don’t know (apart from my parents maybe who are my very loyal followers). OK, so here we go (in random order!):
1. I probably still would marry Robert Redford. A fact that my husband generously tolerates.
2. I get up every morning at 5 am to do my yoga practice and meditation. But that is nothing to be proud of since it is merely a survival strategy for my Mexican everyday life. Ommm…
3. I flunked out of school, because I was so terribly lazy and was convinced that there were better things to do with my time. My parents were so thrilled and I take responsibility for their first grey hairs.
4. I am sometimes getting annoyed at all the breast cancer awareness stuff. There, I said it. Oh, and it is so not politically correct! But having almost lost my mum to Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, I do not understand why all the focus lies on those pink ribbons. Not that it wasn’t important, but what about the other kinds of cancer?
5. I stopped eating meat at the age of 6 when my little piglet got slaughtered. I only refrained from eating pork at first, until my very smart brother pointed out that little baby cows were also very cute. Everybody should have a brother like that!
6. Probably, I am the only German who absolutely, categorically HATES beer. Urgh.
7. I am kind of an involuntary imitator in that I tend to copy other people’s accents. It can be very embarrassing. (Only the American accent I never got down, still sticking to my British English.)
And now it is my turn to nominate fellow bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award! Apart from Expat Lingo whose blog I just LOOOVE, I would like to nominate the following ladies:
1. The Traveling Times, since her observations of life as an expat in the south of Germany never fail to make me smile.
2. The Time is Write: another very funny woman blogger who writes about the small and the big things in life and who still struggles with the sudden fame that a Freshly Pressed feature brought her.
3. Looking for the Sweet Spot – the name says it all. This talented writer is looking for the sweet spot in anything (even in botox!) while dealing with kids and a bird catching cat.
4. A Big Life: an Australian writer living in a tiny village in Germany. Her pictures very often tickle my nostalgia button.
5.Wie sagt man…? : another expat in a small town in Germany whose story about visits to the doctor totally cracked me up.
6. Brittany knows Best: a passionate traveler whose stories about Mexican ninja mosquitos and lack of a decent manicure made my day!
Phew… I’ve done it! Thank you all for making my life so much more fun!!!