Recently, Housewife Downunder honoured me with the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I think, there is nothing more rewarding than being called inspiring… Oh, wait, there is: to be called VERY inspiring! So thanks a million – and again, congratulations on YOUR well-deserved win!
1.Display the award logo on your blog.
2.Link back to the person who nominated you.
3.State 7 things about yourself.
4.Nominate 15 bloggers for this blog and link to their pages.
5.Notify these bloggers of the nomination and the awards’ requirements.
7 things that you don’t know about me, yet? Well, I have to dig deep, I guess. But OK, let’s go:
1. Apart from my ramblings on this blog, I am not too talkative a person. I could go for days without talking. That’s something I inherited from my dad who always blames his “Siberian roots”. In school, I never raised my arm if I thought I would only state the obvious, and still I hate to talk about things that seem all too clear (and therefore boring) to me.
2. I just signed up our dog for kindergarten. Sounds crazy? Well, since Mrs. P. is still terrified of other dogs, I thought this might help her to get more self-confident. However, dropping her off in the mornings is always hard, and I am not so sure who of the two of us needs to cut the the cord here…
3. If I don’t work out regularly (meaning on a daily basis), I get rather grumpy.
4. Right now, I see “la vie en bleu clair”, since Mr. R. and I are expecting a little baby boy beginning of April.
5. I am terribly claustrophobic. If in a plane I am seated by the window, it can happen that I totally panic. Also, I had to skip the trip up the Eiffel Tower since the thought of being squeezed into one of those lifts with all the other tourists alone gave me the creeps…
6. I seem to fullfill every cliche that there is concerning women: I have no sense of direction, I cannot park my car (at least not when anyone is watching), and I can neither throw nor catch.
7. Following a cooking recipe is impossible for me. I start off with the best of intentions, but then I always end up creating something different. When baking on the other hand, I try to stick to the recipe step by step.
And now for the bloggers who inspire me – 15 (in random order, btw), wow… Well, you will find some of my “usual suspects” which might seem a bit unimaginative, I guess. But what can I do if they just won’t stop inspiring me?! Apart from that, I am always excited when I discover a great new blog, that’s why I am a big fan of these awards. (That and the ego thing, yeah, I’ve got that going, too.)
1. Petroleum Wife: for her crazy expat life makes mine seem almost boring…
2. The World according to Dina: Love her (bilingual) travel reviews and beautiful photographs!
3. Artist of the Everyday: A very thoughtful and inspiring Seattle blog with beautiful photos and great quotes.
4. Zhongguo Jumble: A very insightful post about life in Shanghai.
5. American Taitai: Not only does Miss Taitai live in my favourite town Seattle, but she also analyzes everyday events in a way that is so much fun to read!
6. Outbound Mom: Her struggles (and successes) in Brazil seem all too familiar…
7. The Perpetual Passenger: Her posts about life in France are not only entertaining but very often mouthwatering…
8. Tales from Hebei: A very funny blog about life in a small Chinese town.
9. Wie sagt man…?: Still one of my favourite expat blogs about life in Germany. Who knew that life in Germany could be so funny?
10. Expat lingo: A very witty blog with great cartoons about life in Hong Kong that very often reminds me of life in Mexico. Strange but true!
11. The Traveling Times: Love her posts about not only living in Germany, but also about travelling Europe.
12. Dubai’s Desperate Housewife: A very funny, yet thoughtful blog about life in Dubai.
13. Lady of the Cakes: A cake loving, language obsessed blogger in Spain – what’s not to love?
14. Comin’ Home soon: Another very funny expat blog about life and parenthood in France.
15. Electric Kat: A blogger close to my heart not only because she is living in the Pacific Northwest, but also because she is focussing on a yogic lifestyle.
Thank you all for inspiring me – even in the dullest of waiting-for-handymen moments! And now go and share the love!