Well, no, not really, but it seems it is award season on WP. If there is a season for that which I am not sure of. Probably not. Be it as it may, I’ve recently been showered with awards and due to several reasons, I haven’t complied to their rules yet. Naughty Blogger! (So many people to blame but myself… I tend blame my parents who dared to visit, and my little son who had the nerve to show up right during award season!)
As rainy season seems to have started, this is a perfect day to acknowledge the first nomination – thank you, Constance from Expat State of Mind for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award!
Having German origins this award comes with very strict rules:
- Post the award on your blog. – OK, that’s not too hard, right?
- Thank the blogger presenting you with this award and provide a link back to their blog – Check!
- You then need to write 11 random facts about yourself. – 11? Who comes up with these numbers? Phew…
- One good turn deserves another, meaning, you then need to find 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers who you think are deserving of the award so that you can then nominate them! In other words, keep the love going! – I am going to bend this rule a little, otherwise I will be throwing around with awards like crazy… Besides, I have no clue how I can tell how many followers a blog has unless the blogger chooses to share this information.
- Finally, the award presenter will ask 11 questions of you which you need to answer and then you, in turn, ask your nominees 11 questions, and so it goes. – This award should be called the Golden 11 or something…
OK, so here we start with 11 random facts about me:
1. I love the opera. The first opera my parents took me to see was The Magic Flute. In order to prepare me for this event, my parents had given me a music tape for children (Some of you may remember the concept of music tapes…), and I had been listening to it day in, day out, so I knew all the lines. When Papageno belted out his aria “A Cuddly Wife”, I started singing along with him: “Doch küsst mich ein weiblicher Mund, so bin ich schon wieder gesund” (“Still, if a womanly mouth kisses me, then I will be immediatly healthy again.”) Unfortunately, no talent scout was present, otherwise I might have become a baritone.
2. When I find the time, I write children’s stories, and I am proud to say that one was recently published in a big story book for children together with stories by other authors.
3. I am a sucker for horoscopes. Every day I read at least a couple and then pick the nicest one. Yeah, highly scientific, I know.
4. When I was little, I was allergic to mosquito bites – to that extent, I got hospitalized and doctors wanted to hold me in quarantine for they thought it might be malaria or the plague or something.
5. Whenever Mr. R. has to work late, I treat myself to pasta al gorgonzola and watch “Gilmore Girls” – I secretly love those evenings once in a while! (Attention: Mr. R. is amongst my readers!)
6. I hate pure office jobs. I tried to work in a publisher’s office once but couldn’t stand the daily routine, I just had to get out! That’s when I became a flight attendant, no routine there.
7. On the other hand, I cherish my rituals like Sunday breakfasts at my favourite bakery and such. However, those rituals are hard to maintain with our being constantly on the move.
8. I frequently have lucid dreams. Those are the ones that I don’t remember upon waking up, but it all comes back to me under the shower. E.g. I predicted 3 pregnancies so far and sent a colleague to the doctor to have lumps in her breast removed. Unfortunately, it hasn’t worked for lottery numbers yet.
9. Large groups of women scare me. In fact, I feel very uncomfortable amongst many women whereas I am perfectly fine amongst men. Maybe it is the women’s tone of voice?
That’s how I like to picture myself.
10. I got my motorcycle license in Seattle and couldn’t wait to get my very own Harley. However, shortly afterwards we got relocated to Mexico and I haven’t been on a motorcycle since.
11. I hate to admit it, but I am a smotherer. I love to spoil people and animals and am very protective of them – so much that I even cried when I first left my dog at doggy kindergarten!
So here are Constance’s questions:
- Are you an early bird or a night owl? – I used to be a night owl but the Pacific Northwest turned me into an early bird.
- What is your dream job? – Writer and illustrator.
- What is your hidden talent? – At the moment my talent to play the piano is mightily hidden for I had to leave my piano with my parents.
- What is something you have been procrastinating on that you know in your heart you should do? – Write this post
. Have plastic surgery. Finish working through Rod Stryker‘s “Five Desires”.
- What is your favorite meal to prepare? – I love making risotto, I find the constant stirring kind of meditative. But I just realized that whenever I feel a bit “out of tune”, I start baking. I believe that following the instructions has a comforting effect on me.
- Are you a pessimist or an optimist? – An optimist. Very much so. Maybe to a silly extent.
- Where is the most interesting place you have visited? – That’s a difficult one. I’ll go with Istanbul which I found to be a city of so many different facets.
- What is the one item you use everyday that is not electronic that you would not want to live without? – My yoga mat! And my Clinique 3-Step Skincare System. 🙂
- Do you believe in True Love? – I definitely do. However, I don’t think that there is only that one person for you, I believe that we always have more than one option.
- Do you think you are on the right path in your life? Why or why not? – Yes, I think I am, because I think there is no wrong path. No matter where you are, it always leads to something else.
- Dog or Cat Person? – Both!
And here are my nominees – this time I was determined to pick bloggers I haven’t nominated before:
- The Hungry Pescatarian – somebody who eats (and doesn’t eat) the same stuff as I do AND lives in the city I love most. Perfect combination!
- Rosemarie in Europe – I am excited to read about her Europe trip!
- Housewife Downunder – for I always enjoy her clever posts.
- Lady of the Cakes – a cake and language lover in Toledo, oh My!
- Wild Tales of… – exploring the Pacific Northwest with a baby.
- Yarnwuseleien – A lady who happens to not only share my birthday, but who lives (more or less) in my parents’ village and who never fails to notice the beauty in everything despite facing a very challenging time at the moment. Kudos, Magdalena!
Thank you all for your great blogs!
And here are my 11 questions for you:
- If you could meet any person in history, who would it be?
- What’s your dream vacation?
- 3 adjectives a friend would choose to describe you
- City or countryside?
- What is your biggest fear in life?
- If you could go back in time, would you choose the same career path?
- Coffee or Tea?
- What inspires you in daily life?
- What made you decide to start your blog?
- Is there a certain day in your life that you’d like to relive?
- If you had one superhero power, what would it be?
Whoa, now I am exhausted. But – I did it, yay!!